Its a long time that the B2B lead generation has outgrown calling number from the yellow pages.
Except it’s dull and inelegant, calling potential clients is ineffective and often counterproductive. Nobody likes buggers.
The mere fact that more and more brands are fighting today to get the attention from their current and potential customers shows how difficult is for companies to generate more B2B leads.
Therefore, a complete lead generation strategy is more important than ever for achieving marketing, sales and overall business goals. When the strategy it is properly implemented, new leads will pour into your sales funnel whereupon you will easily convert them into customers.
For you to just to create a quality B2B lead generation strategy, you’ll need to know some key statistics about lead generation. Then you will get insights into your next actions, steps and tactics with which you will approach, communicate and convert your leads into customers.
Bellow, through 4 categories, you will find 20+ stats that can direct your efforts towards efficient lead generation strategies.
Also, with each statistic, you will find a short tip for you to successfully increase your leads, customer, but also the sales and revenue numbers.
- Stat: 61% of B2B marketers state that generating quality leads is their biggest challenge. (B2B Marketing Community)
Tip: Follow industry trends, subscribe to the best blogs and newsletters and use the technical potential for the B2B lead generation.
- Stat: 98% of your website visitors don’t leave any contact information. (Marketo)
Tip: Identify your website visitors with apps for generating B2B leads like Riportus.
- Stat: 96% of your website visitors isn’t ready to make a buying decision. (Marketo)
Tip: Identify and define your buyer personas and their customer journey so you can solve their problems with quality content, depending on their customer journey phase.
- Stat: 3 most common tactics for lead generation are the e-mail, event and content marketing. (DM News)
Tip: A complete digital strategy is vital for a successful lead generation, while you can consider the e-mail as a glue that keeps all of your digital tactics and channels together.
- Stat: Marketers state that the biggest barrier for a successful lead generation is the lack of people, budget and time. (B2B Marketing Community)
Tip: You can compensate the lack of people with freelancers, while the efficient budget management is possible with personalized pricing packages of apps like Riportus.
- Stat: 58% of marketers state that their budget for lead generation will increase in the upcoming year. (B2B Marketing Community)
Tip: Adapting to new trends and the competition is an imperative, while lead generation is more and more significant. If you do not focus on your (potential) customers, you will work for someone who does!, said in some different words famous Philip Kotler.
- Stat: B2B companies that run their own blog generate 67% more leads each month that those who don’t run a blog. (Social Media B2B)
Tip: According to research, a blog is the most used content marketing tactic, but also one of the cheapest and efficient media for addressing your (potential) audience. Cover all your buyer personas in your blog posts, but also each phase of their customer journey.
- Stat: 83% of marketers use content marketing for generating leads. (Marketing Profs)
Tip: Content marketing includes almost every marketing tactic. Web content is the first contact a person does with your brand, therefore offering a quality web content is a must. Solve your reader’s problems and worries with your content.
- Stat: 82% of customers read at least 5 pieces of content about a company or brand. (Forrester)
Tip: It takes longer for (potential) customers to gain trust in a brand, no matter their customer journey phase. Provide quality content that covers all phases – awareness (only generated consciousness about the problem), consideration (of a large number of options for solving the problem), decision (making the final buying decision).
- Stat: 93% of B2B companies states that content marketing generates more leads than traditional marketing. (Marketo)
Tip: Content marketing is considered the future of all marketing communications. Blog, as the most popular tactic, can be written by everyone with a small budget and limited time. Test all content marketing tactics and provide your audience with the type of content they want.
- Stat: 90% of organizations use content in their lead generation marketing. (Demand Metric)
Tip: (Potential) customers read thoroughly about their potential solutions, so there is no other way to show off without generating content that solves their problems and doubts.
- Stat: 45% of marketers have generated leads through LinkedIn (Quick Sprout) which is 227% more efficient in lead generation than Facebook. (HubSpot)
Tip: Start your company’s LinkedIn profile, adjust the tone of voice to the business social network environment and be active. Direct your paid advertising towards employers and working places of the industry you target.
- Stat: Only 47% of marketers stated that they’re using LinkedIn (HubSpot), while the focus on LinkedIn is a priority to 77% B2B marketers. (Social Media Examiner)
Tip: If you don’t offer a solution to the problems of your audience, your competition certainly will.
- Stat: More than 80% of B2B leads generated via social networks is achieved through LinkedIn. (Oktopost)
Tip: As a business social network, LinkedIn is great for generating B2B leads. Targeting options of paid ads are adjusted for B2B companies – you can target users according to their work place, industry and even the company in which they are working.
- Stat: 75% of B2B customers use social networks while making their purchase decision. (HubSpot)
Tip: Being active on several social networks is a necessary condition for your business success. Key channels for B2B companies are LinkedIn and Facebook, while Twitter can be a “bonus” channel for lead generation. Remember, adjust the tone of voice to the specific social network – business and more conservative messages post on LinkedIn, while on Facebook you can be more relaxed. Of course, everything depends on the nature and the industry of your company and brand.
- Stat: Industry-specific forums are 5x popular for a B2B audience than Twitter. (Imagination)
Tip: Except the fact that they are boosting your SEO through referral traffic, industry-specific forums can generate many leads with an actual interest for your product or service.
- Stat: 39% of marketers generate leads through Facebook, while only 30% of them generate leads through Twitter. (ReachForce)
Tip: There are 1,8 billion active Facebook users in the world (with “only” 328 million Twitter users). Could we agree that social networks are a too big and a too little-explored market to be ignored?
- Stat: B2B state that customer experience, personalization and big data have the biggest potential in the next 5 years. (Adobe)
Tip: New technologies are exponentially advancing, and without adjusting to them, your B2B lead generation strategy is condemned to fail. Explore the big data market, programmatic marketing as well as the solutions for sending personalized newsletters. Thereby, you will increase the customer experience and the number of generated leads.
- Stat: Using e-mail personalization generates 26% higher open rate. (Campaign Monitor)
Tip: It’s been a while since email services like MailChimp have introduced their simple solutions for personalization and automation of email marketing campaigns. Set up an automated and personalized email campaign with which you will welcome your subscribers or remind them to make a desirable action.
- Stat: Businesses that use automatization for customer relationship generate a 451% increase in quality leads. (Annuitas)
Tip: As with the above-mentioned stat, automatization and personalization of email marketing campaigns are overlapping. Use the power of bulk e-mail services like MailChimp for setting up a great e-mail marketing campaigns, while using apps like Riportus you can easily identify you potential B2B leads and subscribers.
- Stat: About 90% of B2B companies will switch their business partner because of only one bad user experience. (CMO by Adobe)
Tip: Whether a mobile un-optimized web, a content full of typos and huge blocks of boring text… In any given time or place, offer your (potential) audience maximum level of user experience. If a lead is unsatisfied, apologize to him and offer something in return so you can gain his trust, loyalty and potential purchase back.
- Stat: 68% of B2B companies use landing pages for lead generation. (MarketingSherpa)
Tip: A landing page is the first stop for a lead to get to know you and your brand. There is hardly a landing page without content, so be sure to adjust your content to the form and purpose of a specific landing page. Include a clear and visible CTA and contact leads if they don’t make the desirable action. How to find out who has visited your web? Simple, tools like Riportus offer a simple way for identifying your B2B leads.
To be familiar with the trends is a necessary first step towards creating every B2B lead generation strategy.
How users behave on social networks, which content do they prefer and how to optimize a landing page for a great user experience are just few of many elements of a complete lead generation strategy.
If you feel like this 20+ stats and tips can help you in your business and your B2B lead generation, then feel free to share this article on your social networks.
And if you’re still having trouble to identify your B2B leads, feel free to contact us at any time for an advice. If you’ve decided to make a new step in your digital strategy and to track the companies which have visited your web, register to Riportus and get a free 30 days trial.
Share this post